Try this warm, comforting skillet dish for a quick meal.
About This Cut:
Round Steak Cutlets, or Cubed Steak, comes from the beef round primal. It’s a thinner cut of meat that is tenderized to help reduce toughness.
Thaw meat slowly overnight. Cutlets are great for chicken fried steak, or in a stew-like dish such as this carne guisada.
- 2 lbs. Grass Fed Steak Cutlets
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Poblano Pepper, chopped
- Dash of Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 tsp. Beef Bouillon
- 1-2 cups Cold Water
- --Begin by thinly slicing the beef. We like to marinate it overnight in the fridge in Italian dressing.
- --Brown the beef in the dash of olive oil.
- --Add sautéed onions and peppers
- --Add 1 cup of water and simmer (covered) for about 2 hours
- --Sprinkle spices over simmering mixture: garlic salt, cumin, pepper, garlic powder
- --Add can of Rotel tomatoes
- --Separately, combine 1/2 cup of flour, 1 tsp. beef bouillon, and 1-2 cups of cold water. The more water you add, the more gravy you'll have.
- --Add gravy to meat and stir to thicken
- --Serve over plain or spanish rice