Chicken Fried Steak Cutlets are an easy and delicious dinner your whole family will enjoy.
About This Cut:
Round Steak Cutlets, or Cubed Steak, comes from the beef round primal. It’s a thinner cut of meat that is tenderized to help reduce toughness.
Thaw meat slowly overnight. Cutlets are great for chicken fried steak, or as a roulade like this recipe.
- 1 Package Bar 3 Ranch Beef Cutlets
- 1 Cup Flour (white, whole wheat, or gluten free) **see tip below
- 1 tsp Lowry's seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- ~1/2 Cup Italian dressing
- Canola Oil, for frying
- --Season the cutlets with Lowry's and pepper
- --Marinate several hours in Italian dressing
- --Mix seasoned salt and pepper in with 1 cup of flour
- --Dip marinated cutlets in seasoned flour
- --Whisk together 1 egg and 2Tbsp milk, then dip cutlets. Dip again in the flour mixture.
- --Fry in Canola Oil and drain on paper towels when done.
- **Tip: For thicker, crunchier coating, use .5 cup flour, .5 cup corn meal instead of just 1 cup of flour.