Turn steak night up a notch with this deliciously creamy twist on a steak roulade.
About This Cut:
Round Steak Cutlets, or Cubed Steak, comes from the beef round primal. It’s a thinner cut of meat that is tenderized to help reduce toughness.
Thaw meat slowly overnight. Cutlets are great for chicken fried steak, or as a roulade like this recipe.
- 4 Grass Fed Steaks, Cubed
- 1/4 Cup Low-Fat Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Pesto
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/8 lb of Prosciutto (thinly sliced)
- --Thaw meat slowly, preferably overnight, in refrigerator.
- --Start by preheating your oven to 375F.
- --Then to make the filling for the steak, mix together cream cheese, pesto, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine the ingredients.
- --Divide the cream cheese filling into each of the four cubed steaks.
- --Then, carefully roll the steak keeping the creamy pesto filling inside. Then carefully wrap each roulade with a strip of prosciutto completely around. Repeat with the remaining three steaks.
- --Place the roulades on a sheet tray lined with foil, drizzle each steak with olive oil. Bake at 375F for 18-‐25 minutes depending on the thickness of the steak. Check by slicing one of the thickest steaks to check doneness.
- --Once the steaks are done, remove from oven and let sit for 5-min before serving. Pairs great with roasted potatoes or fettuccine pasta!