Our recipe for Sautéed Medallions of Wild Boar makes an easy, low-carb dish that will impress any guest.
About This Recipe:
Try this dish with meat from the strip loin or tenderloin regions.
Sauteed Medallions of Wild Boar
- 2-3 wild pork tenderloins (about 1 ½-2 lbs)
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 4 Tbs of cognac or brandy
- ½ heavy cream (more to taste)*
- salt and lots of fresh ground pepper
- Generously pepper the outside of each wild pork tenderloin and press so that it
- sticks. Cut pork into 1/3 inch medallions. Melt ½ stick of butter in saute pan
- (medium high heat) and cook pork about 2 minutes on each side. This step may
- take 2 batches. Put pork on plate and cover to keep warm.
- Now add garlic to the pan and sauté for about 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low and
- add the cognac (or brandy) and cook for 2 more minutes. Add the remaining butter
- until melted then begin adding cream. Stir then let the mixture get bubbly until it
- thickens. Add more cream for more sauce. Generously add fresh cracked pepper
- and then salt to taste. I add lots of pepper and more cream for lots of sauce!
- When sauce is slightly thickened, add pork back (not the liquid in the plate) to pan
- and serve when the pork is heated through.
- *Note: I have used both Fat Free Half & Half and So Creamer (non-dairy). This dish is
- low carb.