DID YOU KNOW GRASS FED BEEF HAS HALF THE CALORIES AND 2X THE VITAMINS OF GRAIN FED BEEF?
Grass Fed Beef is proven to provide a number of health benefits all of which have been shown to decrease the risk of cancer, diabetes, and lower cholesterol. You see, cattle have a four-part stomach which infuses the vitamins and minerals from grass into their muscle tissues during digestion, maximizing their absorption of Vitamins A, D, and E. Grass fed beef is also high in Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) which can help prevent cancer and heart disease. All of these significant health benefits are directly linked to the process of providing Bar 3 Ranch animals the best possible grass diet.
TOP 5 HEALTH BENEFITS OF GRASS FED BEEF:
1. Lower Total Fat and Calories – Meat from grass fed cattle is lower in total fat and calories. Studies show that grass fed beef can have a third less fat as a similar cut from a grain fed animal. Grass fed beef can actually have the same amount of fat as skinless chicken breast, wild deer, or elk. Bar 3 Ranch beef is rich in the fats proven to be health-enhancing, but low in the fats associated with disease.
2. Increased Ratio of Omega-3 to Omega 6 – Grass fed beef is higher in heart-healthy Omega-3 and offers two to six times more Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 are formed in the green leaves of plants and are considered to be heart-healthy and essential to healthy brain function.
3. Higher Concentrations of Vitamins A and E – Vitamin E in humans is linked with a lower risk of heart disease and cancer. A recent study tested Vitamin E levels in three groups: pastured cattle, feedlot cattle, and cattle given Vitamin E supplements. The meat from the pastured cattle was 4X higher in Vitamin E than the meat from the feedlot cattle and nearly twice the level of the cattle given Vitamin E supplements.
4. Higher Beta Carotene – Meat from grass fed animals is proven to be higher in Beta Carotene which provides substantial levels of antioxidants that help protect the body from free radicals. Beta Carotene can boost your immune system, protect skin and eyes, fight cancer, and prevent heart disease.
5. Increased Conjugated Linoleic Acids (CLA) – Grass fed beef has more than 2X the amount of CLA in grain fed beef. CLA has been linked to a decreased risk of heart disease and certain cancers.
Bar 3 Ranch strives to create nutritious grass fed beef that actually tastes good. By using a proprietary blend of grasses and legumes and allowing our herd the time to properly grow we produce beef that is flavorful while providing all the health benefits.
Visit our website to check out some of our most popular beef boxes https://bar3ranch.com/shop. Located in Georgetown, TX, we offer local customers the chance to see our beef operation first-hand. Come out to the ranch and enjoy a 15% discount for local pick-up, or get free shipping delivered right to your door!