Just stick this roast in the crock pot and let the magic happen throughout the day.
About This Cut:
The Sirloin Tip Roast is carved from the muscle along the back of the animal. It’s a lean roast that doesn’t require the same extra-long braising time as other roasts.
Thaw meat slowly overnight. Cook low and slow or oven roast it with dry heat.
- 1-1.5 lbs Bar 3 Grass Fed Sirloin Tip Roast (or your favorite Bar 3 roast!)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion
- 1/3 Cup Soy Sauce or Tamari
- ¼ Cup Worcestershire
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 3 Cup Vegetable or Beef Stock
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Clove
- ½ tsp Ground Red Pepper
- 3 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- --Thaw meat overnight in refrigerator
- -‐Start by turning your crock-‐pot on to a low temperature to warm the ingredients
- -‐Next, peel and then quarter one yellow onion. Add to crock-‐pot.
- -‐Then add the following ingredients: Soy Sauce or Tamari, Worcestershire, Honey, Stock, and Water. Stir well until honey combines.
- -‐Then add your spices into your liquid, salt, pepper, Turmeric, Ginger, Cinnamon, Clove, Red pepper, and fresh Rosemary.
- -‐Carefully lower the Sirloin tip roast into the crock-‐pot spice liquid.
- -‐Then turn the crock-‐pot on for 8‐10 hrs, or until the meat falls apart with a fork.
- -‐Once done, carefully remove meat and onions from liquid. Set aside.
- -‐Then strain to remove the pieces of rosemary from the remaining liquid and reserve.
- -‐Pour the liquid into a saucepan turn onto medium/high heat and reduce by half of volume. Approximately 15-20 min.
- -‐Serve with potatoes, vegetables or rice and pour reduced sauce over…enjoy!